How to finish your waterproof laminate floor?
If you‘ve carefully followed the installation instructions, you should have some space left between the laminate boards and the wall. This will give the boards some leeway to shrink and expand when the humidity changes.
- Fill the crevices between the wall and floor with PE foam.
- Use the caulking gun to top the PE foam with silicone.
- Even the silicone out using your finger.
- Install your skirting boards (see our video on “How to install skirting boards on your floor”).
- Is your floor in a room where it can get extra wet, like a bathroom or kitchen? Put some silicone on the bottom of the skirting boards after you’ve installed them to make the floor extra waterproof. Don’t forget to even out the silicone with your finger!
WATCH THE VIDEO